Diese Seite ist auch in deutsch verfügbar!
Lightview Plus is a wordpress plug-in which integrates Lightview into your wordpress blog and automatically changes all image links, so the images will open with lightview. Now, it is possible to show videos from YouTube and Vimeo with lightview.
- Copy the lightview-plus directory to the wordpress plug-in directory under /wp-content/
- Copy the directories „css“, „images“ and „js“ of the decompressed folder to /wp-content/plugins/lightview-plus/
- Activate the plug-in in the plug-in menu
- That’s it!
- Choose an image of your choice, as you have done it in wordpress many times
- Create a link with this image to a bigger version of this image
- All the rest is done from lightview-plus automatically
- Click the new button „Embed Video“
- In the pop-up choose the portal you want to use (at the moment only YouTube and Vimeo. More in one of the next version).
- Insert the video id
- Choose, if you want a link text under the video
- Enter the link text
- Click INSERT
Find out the Video ID
- YouTube: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgZOY2g27w
- Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/1573042
- Blip.TV: It’s a little bit complicated. To show the this blip.tv video, you have to click on the share button. Under „embed episode“ find in the embed code this URL: http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hPt7gu3pUgI . The highlighted part is the one you need to run the video with lightview plus
Example for Video
You find the current version under wordpress.org
Nothing is opened with lightview?
In you theme the <?php wp_head(); ?> is missing. Please, add it.
Images are still not opened with lightview!
Maybe an other plug-in uses jQuery or an older version of prototype oder scriptaculous. Deactivate the plug-ins or let me know if you found an alternative.
I added images to my text, but they are not clickable and they are not shown with lightview.
You have to create a link to the image. E. g. create a link from the image to the same image or a bigger one.
Is there a jQuery version of lightview?
I am not the author of lightview. I have done a wrapper for wordpress. Please, ask the author of lightview and let me know about the alternative.
Lightview does not work in browser xy on OS yz. / How do I change the display of lightview?
The actual version is v3.1. Now, it supports YouTube, blip.tv and Vimeo videos.
Everyone is invited to send me a translated language pack of lightview-plus. Now, we have the following languages integrated:
- German — myself
- Italian — Gianni Diurno
- French — Martin Vauchel
- Turkish — Cem Gedik
- Portuguese/Brasil — Eduardo Enrietti
- Russian — M. Comfi
- Dansk - Georg S. Adamsen
- Spanish — Eduardo Vázquez
- Dutch - Rene
If you think this plug-in is useful or you want support, don’t hesitate to donate. Lightview Plus has required a great deal of time and effort to develop. If it’s been useful to you then you can support this development by making a small donation. This will act as an incentive for me to carry on developing it, providing countless hours of support, and including any enhancements that are suggested. If you don’t have a clue how much you want to spend, the average of the last donations were €8. But every other amount is welcome. Please note, that PayPal takes for every transaction round about €0.50. So every donation below €1 is only a donation to PayPal 😉 Further you have the options to have a look at my amazon wishlist.